There are 7 steps to Retirement Security:
1. Have a plan for retirement. Work with a financial professional. Retirement is not a do it yourself project.
2. Maximize social security benefits.
3. Consider a hybrid retirement, working part-time or full-time, as needed, from ages 60 to 65 to defer spending of retirement assets.
4. Protect savings from inflation by planning for sources of increasing income to age 100.
5. Secure guaranteed retirement income for life.
6. Plan for long-term care costs.
7. Use your home equity wisely.